GM High-Tech Performance Blogs
True Street is the ultimate class for the beginner and seasoned racer alike
Whether it’s your first time racing or you have lots of ¼ mile experience…NMCA & NMCA WEST have a great class for you to consider…TREMEC True Street! True Street is designed for “true” street cars that are licensed, insured and capable of driving a good distance on the street. After a 30-mile NMCA/NMCA WEST escorted cruise, make 3 back-to-back passes and see if you will take home some cash and a prize!
Here’s How True Street Works:
1. Purchase your True Street entry at the racer gate, you then head over to the True Street pit area. It’s a Saturday race but you can purchase your entry on Friday as well.
2. You will first register at the registration trailer and then proceed to the True Street area where an official will “tech” your car to make sure it’s safe to race.
3. You will receive a time run prior to the True Street competition so you can see how your car is performing.
4. Attend the 11:30 am True Street meeting where an NMCA/NMCA WEST official will explain how everything works. There is lots of time for questions and answers.
5. Following the meeting you will head out on a 30-mile escorted cruise around town or the facility….and it’s OK to take passengers to enjoy the fun!
6. After the cruise there will be a brief cool-down period and then you hit the track.
7. True Street will be called to the lanes and you will make 3 back-to-back passes down the track. Reaction time does not matter so just take off after you get the green light.
8. There will be a True Street Awards Ceremony a couple of hours following the race. NMCA/NMCA WEST will average everyone’s 3 passes and the closest averages to 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15 seconds will each win $100 cash, an award, and your picture in Fastest Street Car Magazine! The overall runner-up will also receive $100 and an award and the overall winner will receive $250 and a 6’ trophy!
BONUS – all True Street competitors will receive a FREE entry into Sunday’s Bracket Race (except GA & IL events)…this is up to a $100 value!